The 37th annual Catfish Derby will be held May 14, 15 and 16 2021.
In order to be compliant with state and local COVID-19 restrictions, the following changes will be in place:
- Contestant registration and check-in will be at the Clearlake Oaks Plaza, 12483 Foothill Blvd. Mandatory face coverings and social distancing will be required. Hours are Thursday May 13, 12 noon to 11PM and Friday May 14, 7AM to 11PM. No entries will be accepted after 11PM Friday. Contestants are encouraged to pre-register and pay by mail or online to minimize their time and wait at check-in.
- Fish weigh-ins will be at the Clearlake Oaks public boat launch ramp, 12684 Island Dr. Mandatory face coverings and social distancing will be required. There will be no fish-catch photographs taken at weigh-in. Hours are Friday May 14, 12 noon to 11PM, Saturday May 15, 7AM to 11PM and Sunday May 16, 7AM to 12 noon.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Tournament results will be posted to the Derby website, Facebook and Twitter pages. Prize awards and form 1099’s will be sent to contestants by mail. Prize awards will be limited if there are less than 350 adult entries. There will be no adult trophy or kids prize ribbons awarded.
- There will be no raffle or t-shirt sales. Kids entries will receive a free t-shirt at registration.
- There will be no food, beverages or entertainment.
- There will be no spectators (non-contestants) allowed at registration or weigh-in.